Technical Assistance Programs for "Green Communities"
Design Coalition Institute coordinates eight technical assistance programs
in support of "Green" communities.
For us, this means housing, facilities, openspace, neighborhoods, and communities that are:
• Safe - for people of all ages and abilities.
• Healthy - by choosing construction materials made from natural non-toxic materials.
• Energy efficient - by thoughtful design and appropriate technology.
• Ecologically responsible - with analysis of bioregional factors and landscape ecology.
• Culturally responsive - with respect for local history, traditions, and memories.
• Economically responsible - design for efficiency, longevity, & performance.
We develop programs and projects in response to requests for assistance from civic, educational, tribal, non-profit, neighborhood, grassroots, and governmental organizations. Our programs range from practical assistance with planning, design, and construction of affordable "Green" housing to hands-on workshops for "grassroots" program development and evaluation. We look forward to new ideas and new opportunities for collaboration.
For information about how to submit a Request for Assistance or a Partnership Proposal: